Thursday 19 November 2009

17th August Boulthurst Farm, Limpsfield, Surrey

This is another of my carping sessions at Boulthurst Farm.

Slight detour from the usual format I think is due this time. I think it's time to have a look at the progress I'm making in my carp fishing skills.

I believe, as with everything in life practise makes perfect. I started carping only 4 weeks previously and to be honest I've found it does bring a bit of variety to my fishing.

I like to float fish, as it is what I started off on. There is however something different about a Sunday afternoon sitting in the sun watching the wildlife going about their business while waiting for the rods to bend round that is really relaxing. For a full days fishing though I will always go for the 'traditional' method.

As far as the carp fishing goes, in terms of weight I'm no better off than when I float fish. The best fish I've had this season using both methods is about 7 pound. The difference being that because of the extra strength of the carp rods I can get the fish in easier (and more confidently).

Here's my opinion of where I am in my development:

I think I've got my set up sorted with the exception of the rod pod - to be honest it only cost a tenner and after 2 months use, 3 of the legs are super-glued on!!! They are not strong enough to go into the ground during the summer so when I do get a bite if I'm not quick enough everything heads towards the water.

I've also been experimenting with different boillie flavours. For this session I'd got some carp frenzy flavoured ones. On the first cast a carp took it while I was still putting the line through the buzzer! I did get it in once I'd got over the shock!
Anyway here is my favoured swim for the day:

I actually fish to the right and to the left of where the rods are pointing.

By the end of the session I'd bagged about 9 carp - no monsters but very satisifying all the same.

Till the next time.

Ken





No comments:

Post a Comment