Saturday 5 December 2009

28th August Boulthurst Farm, Nr Limpsfield Surrey

The summer (pre global warming) should have been coming to an end but the weather was still great so off I went for another session at Boulthurst Farm.

My usual swim on the far left hand side of the pond was free and within 30 or minutes or so I had set up and begun fishing. See picture below:

By now I'd expanded my bollie bait collection to include:

Tutti Fruitti
Monster Crab
Chocolate
Pineapple
Seafood Feast
Carp Pellet.

I'd learnt over the previous weeks that no one bait is 'the killer' at this venue and that finding the one for the day is the trick. To that end I'd decided that if a bait flavour went for an hour without a bite I would change it for another. If a bite was registered or even a fish caught the clock was reset so to speak. This would ensure that I was always on "the bait of the day" at some point.

The first rod I cast down the margins just where the tree reaches over the water at its furtherest. See picture below:
The pond is not too deep (around 2 foot where I cast into I suppose although if I'm quiet I can often see them patrolling along the bank by my feet.

The second rod was cast towards the middle of the pond to the right of my pod. See photo below:

I started to catch almost immediately on both rods - here's an example of the carp that were being caught. Sorry it decided to move at the wrong moment!

I ended the session with about 6 carp.
A nice return on a late summer afternoon and evening session.
Till the next time.




















No comments:

Post a Comment