Sunday 5 June 2011

2011 10 April 29th Silver Lake,Gabriels Fishery,Edenbridge,Kent

I suppose like the majority of us I decided to go fishing to escape the royal wedding, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing!

I arrived at the fishery a few minutes before opening time to see more cars than I had ever seen before!

Most were still unpacking their gear so I grabbed my rod bag and went to Silver Lake, peg 1 was free so I bagged it and went back for the rest of my gear.



I intended to fish exactly the same tactics as before. The main swim was about 2 rod lengths down the channel. With the swim baited up and corn on the hook I cast out.

Normally this swim is fairly productive early but today was different. I struggled for bites to such an extent that by 9:40 I'd only caught a skimmer bream (on bread), three roach and a gudgeon on castor.

The one thing that kept me going was the fact that it appearred that no one that I could see was catching much either. These included 2 anglers who were fishing tight to the island.

I did notice that the wind that is normally in my face was actually behind me and that the humidity level was very high - when I mentioned to the bailiff that the fishing was slow he did say that it probably was down to the weather conditions.

I persevered though and by 13:30 had added 2 carp, 1 more good skimmer and a small roach to the net. By this time a few people were wandering around and most were reporting slow days on all the lakes. I was fishing next to the specimen lake and hadn't heard a single buzzer go off.


The afternoon continued to be slow, small carp plus a few roach and skimmers were the order of the day.

I did pick up the occasional carp during the late afternoon as can be seen from the photos below:





An enjoyable day none the less, escpecially as I missed that damned wedding!





No comments:

Post a Comment