Monday 26 August 2013

2013 20 August 2nd Nursery Fields, Edenbridge, Kent

A Friday afternoon carping session at Nursery Fields was the planned session for today.

As I left work dead on noon the sun was out and for once laying down some serious heat. The plan was to rush home, have a sandwich, load the car and head off to Edenbridge and fish until the light gave out.

I arrived at the fishery about two thirty or so. It wasn't too crowded so I knew I stood a good chance of getting my favourite carping swim at the top of the lake.


As usual it was a 2 rod set up today. Two 2.5tc carp rods, 6lb main line, size 14 hooks with 15mm pineapple and tutti fruitti boillies. 

It took about 45 minutes or so to set up. I made my casts at 15:15 and then settled back in the sunshine awaiting the action to begin.

As it happened I didn't have to wait too long as 15 minutes after the first cast the buzzer on the pineapple rod went off and I was in. A short tussle followed, which I won. The result a common carp of around 4lb.

Thirty minutes later the same rod went off. This time I could tell it wasn't a carp. I was proved right when one of the lake's small tench broke the surface.

Forty minutes later the same rod went off again. Another carp this time, unusually a mirror, this one weighted in at 2.5lb.

Things went quiet for about 75 minutes before yet again the pineapple rod's buzzer went off. The result was another carp with a taste for pineapple. This one was about 3lb, a tad bigger than the previous one.

It was just over three hours into the session when the buzzer on the tutti fruitti rod went off. It was not only a carp but as is so often the case it was also the biggest of the day so far, a mirror of 4.5lb.

Strangely as the evening wore on the runs became less frequent, the opposite to what I would have expected. It was another hour before the pineapple rod's buzzer went. A carp, but not a massive one came to the net. A 4lb common in fact.

Just as I was beginning to think of packing up the pineapple buzzer went off for the final time. The result another 4lb common.

So, my 5 hour carping session came to a close. The pineapple rod won six to one, with all the fish bar one being carp. I was a bit disappointed with the overall size of the carp (biggest being 4.5lb) but hey that's fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment