Friday 29 May 2015

2015 10 May 15th Silver Lake, Gabriel's Farm Fishery, Edenbridge

Another Friday and another trip this popular fishery. Silver lake was my target for the day. I was looking to improve my performance of a fortnight ago. Could I do it?

I arrived at the fishery just before 7 am. I parked up, loaded up the trolley and headed off to peg 1 which is my favorite peg on the lake.


First I mixed some ground bait and then set about setting up my match rod. Today I was going to use a waggler, 4 lb main line to initially a size 18 hook with 3.8 lb hook length. I felt that this would give me some fun with the silvers and also it could handle any passing carp.

I was ready to make my first cast at 7:45. For bait, initially I was on single maggot. After the first 10 roach I switched to corn and caught another two before the first hour was up.

The next hour I spent more time on the corn. This resulted in only five more roach however the ones on the corn were of a better quality.

This family kept me company for much of the day.


For the next hour I went on the corn full time. Five more reasonable roach made it to the virtual net plus this bonus perch.


The hour before lunch brought another five roach. The 'highlight' though was a massive crayfish! I haven't seen one for about three years.

By 14:00 I'd added 2 more roach and two of the lake's bream.

This family of ducks also kept me company during the day.


During the morning I'd set up my Shimano float rod so that I could at some point during the day attack the swim using banded pellets. At 14:00 I decided that the time was right to give it a go.

I had four hours on the pellet. It was enough time to bring in five carp and three roach. The carp weren't enormous but were good little scrappers. Here's one I caught at 16:20.


I decided to pack up at 6 pm but before I did I thought I'd try a piece of cocktail sausage. It was the only meat I had on me. I flicked out the float and less than the 30 seconds later it disappeared and I was into a 6 lb 1 oz carp! Here it is:


So it was the end of another day. I enjoyed it - 41 fish caught. I shall be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment