Saturday 23 April 2016

2016 04 April 3rd Chittenden, Edenbridge

Today was going to be my second session of the year at the club's carp lake at Chittenden near Edenbridge, in Kent.

I was up at five to see that the day was going to be another cold one. Was spring ever going to arrive this year? I loaded the car and set off on the 30 minute journey to Edenbridge. I arrived at the fishery about 6:30.

With the trolley fully loaded I made my way down to the dam end of the lake which is home to my favourite swim.


I set up my float rod first and then the feeder rod, after which I fed both swims with ground bait and some free offerings. I was going to use maize as bait on the feeder rod today. On the float rod it was going to be maggots and corn and maybe bread later on.

I was finally ready to make my first casts at 7:25. I then settled back in my chair to wait for the action to begin.

For two hours nothing in the lake stirred, then between 10:30 and 11:30 I managed to catch three skimmer bream using a single maggot on the hook. I was cold by now as well!

Had the tide turned? Not really, the next hour yielded only another solitary bream. The morning session over and only four bream to show for my endeavours.

Lunch time came and I was hungry and so apparently were the bream as I caught another three. The feeder rod was still silent.

My best non carpof the day came at 15:00. Yes, it was another bream, this one weighed between 1 and 1.5 lb.



About 4pm I decided to have a go with bread. Nothing initially and then the float went. Eventuallly this lovely looking carp made the virtual net. To be honest it made my day.


I packed up at five pm. Nine fish in the day, not very good. When I got to the car park mine was the only car still there. I suppose everyone had struggled to. That's fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment