Friday 23 September 2016

2016 16 June 24th Nursery Fields, Edenbridge

Today I was going to head back to the club's mixed fishery at Nursery Fields. I was on a high after the last session at Chittendon when I caught 100 lb of fish.

I decided to have an afternoon and evening session rather than the more traditional all day one which tended, thanks to age and the heat, to end around 17:00. Today if all was going well I could last until 20:00.

And so it was about 12:50 when I pulled into a relatively empty car park on this quite warm summer afternoon.

I unloaded the car and quickly made my way round to the back of the lake to see what swims were available today.



After I selected my swim I set up my usual two rods. This usually takes about an hour from arrival time and so it was about 13:50 when I made my first casts. Initially I went with meat on the waggler rod and Tangerine Dream boillies on the feeder rod.

The first species to show up was tench, a couiple of them made the virtual net in the first hour.

The next hour was slow, just the one tench on meat. However, there was some action on the feeder rod. The problem was I lost it. I saw it was a carp but I suppose that's the way it goes sometimes.

At 16:16 the feeder rod went off again and I knew I was into another carp. Here was a chance to redeem myself! I knew it wasn't large and this was confirmed when it slid into the landing net. I estimated it to be about 3 lb.



Thirty minutes later I lost another carp on the feeder rod. How frustrating. I did manage another small tench on meat from the waggler swim though.

I had to wait until 17.39 before the action resumed. Again it was on the feeder rod and again it wasn't a monster but I did get it in. A whopping 2 lb of carp.

Five minutes later another meat loving tench made the net from underneath the waggler.

Just after releasing the tench the feeder rod went off again and I was into another carp. No monster this one either. I estimated it to be about 2 lb.

At 18:00 I decided to fish the waggler really close in. There was no interest at first, and then after 15 minutes or so the float shot under and I was into a barbel. Not a massive one but a barbel all the same.

My last fish of the session came at 19:00 and was another small barbel with a lucheon meat habit.

So that was it, not a bad session but not as good as I was expecting.


No comments:

Post a Comment