Monday 14 November 2016

2016 20 August 12th Chittenden, Edenbridge, Kent

As it turned out today was my last trip of 2016. A combination of holiday and a new car put paid to serious maggot drowning on my part. So it was off to Chittenden, the club's carp lake for my 2016 swan(shot)song!

I was up and out of the house by 5:30 as today I was aiming to get amongst the fish before the sun could take it's effect on proceedings.


While I was setting up it came to light that I'd forgotton my boillies! What a twerp. That meant that I would only be fishing the waggler today.

I was set up and ready to make my first cast at 7 am. The swim looked good, very fishy, I was hoping for a good day.

I thought I would start on the meat today to see if there was any early morning feeders about. Sure enough there were, by the end of the first hour I'd caught a couple of fish, one bream and a carp of about 3 lb.



The next four hours were very slow. In that time I'd switched to strawberry corn and managed to get another bream. I also lost another carp but I don't think it was a monster.

Another two hours passed with only a carp of 1.5 lb, caught on meat, making the virtual net. Things were not going according to plan.

Another four hours passed before I caught another fish on meat. This one was a small roach!

It was now 18:00 and with just 5 fish caught in the day I decided to call time on this session and as it turned out the season as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment