Tuesday 19 June 2018

2018 11 May 1st, Nursery Fields, Edenbridge

It had been a couple of weeks since I'd last been to the club's mixed fishery at Nursery Fields and so I decided it was going to be the venue for today's session.

The car park had a few cars in it so I wasn't sure where I would end up. After unloading the car I made my way round to the far side of the lake. On arrival I found peg 13 vacant. I'd had good sessions before there and so I was content with that.

Two rod attack today, a float line fished between 1/2 and 3/4 of the way to the island and a small leger with a 10mm boillie fished just past the lily pads.






After setting up and feeding the swim it was 8:20 when I was ready to make my first casts.

I started on corn as I only use maggots in March and April. I didn't make the wrong decision as 11 fish made the net in the first hour. These consisted of an Ide, a Perch, a Bream, a Rudd and 7 Roach.

The next hour was a tad slower, only yielding a Roach, a Crucian Carp and two Ide. I was content with that.

From 10am to 11am it really slowed a lot. So much so that only one fish made the net, a nice looking Tench.



By 12:30, the swim still wasn't setting the world alight. One Roach and an Ide falling victim to the corn. The feeder rod did chip in with it's first fish of the day, another Ide.


I switched to meat for the next hour in the hope that this might give the fish an incentive to feed. Alas, it did not. Only a small Ide made the net.

This fella was feeding though:




Another slow hour followed, 1 Ide and 1 Roach made the net. It wasn't going to be one of those special days today. The session's total was 22.

Until packing up time, which was around 5:30, I decided to go all out on the meat. 

My prize for this change of tactics were 2 reasonable Bream.



The only other fish that were interested were the Ide, three of them to be exact.

So that was it for a fairly uneventful session. I wasn't complaining though, 27 fish in a day isn't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment