Tuesday 16 October 2018

2018 15 May 30th Chittenden, Edenbridge, Kent

Today I decided to pay a visit to the club's carp lake at Chittenden on the outskirts of Edenbridge in Kent.

I arrived at the fishery around 7am to find a few anglers already present there. I unloaded the car and made my way down to the dam end of the lake.

I went back to my usual two rod attack policy today. One waggler line fished to my left and one small leger on the feeder rod fished to my right.


I was set up and ready to make my first casts by 8am. For bait, I started with meat on the waggler and 10mm strawberry boillies on the leger.




As the first hour drew to a close I was a happy little bunny. The net contained three good bream with a liking for meat and a seven pound carp with a taste for strawberries.




For the next hour I switched from meat to corn and was rewarded with three more bream. The leger line was quiet.

The next hour I switched back to meat. This proved to be a disastrous decision as I caught absolutely nothing.

I switched back to corn and caught nothing on that either. It was now noon and the net bulged with seven fish.

I switched back to meat and my luck changed as I pulled in a carp of around 8lb and another bream.




Corn was the order of the day for the next hour which did produce another bream but overall the fishing was still slow.

I decided to stay on corn for the next hour and was rewarded with two carp, one of 3lb and one of 8.5lb.



At 16:00 when I decided to pack up, the virtual net had increased with the addition of another bream. My total for the day was 14.

Not one of my better days but it's all part of the learning curve as they say.


No comments:

Post a Comment