Wednesday 16 December 2020

2020 5 June 3rd Nursery Fields, Edenbridge, Kent

Today, I decided to go for an afternoon/evening carp fishing session at the club's mixed fishery at Nursery Fields.

On arrival, I found that the car park looked completely full. I know the weather was good but blimey what's going on I thought. I was a bit put out but not disheartened as I know that within a couple of hours most of the cars would have gone.

However, things were worse than that. I discovered that there was a match on at the top of the lake. The bottom appeared full however I did manage to find a spare swim, peg 2. Due to the large number of anglers around me I didn't really have a great deal of water to cast to.

My set up was two 2.5tc carp rods with 8lb main line to size 14 hooks. For bait, I intended to use a variety of flavoured boillies.

Today's swim.

It was 15:10 when I made my first cast.

I don't know if it was the fact that I was cheesed off with the choice of swim for carping or the fact that the lake was overflowing with anglers but I didn't catch a thing. My first blank for I can't remember how long.

Lesson learnt today was "Always check to see if there is a match on before going to Nursery Fields when the weather is good".


1 comment:

  1. Hi love reading your blogs, any recent fishing tales ken

    ReplyDelete