Sunday 30 August 2009

25th July Boulthurst Farm, Nr Limpsfield Surrey

Come the long summer months, I often take the opportunity to visit this small pond on a Sunday afternoon for a few hours free lining a piece of meat in the margins.

I arrived around 3pm and set up in the end swim nearest to the car park. As you can see from the photo below I used my feeder rod and 6 lb main line curtesy of the Angling Times.

For groundbait I took a tin of sweetcorn which over the course of the session I fed into the swim above and to the one on the other side whilst fishing the cubes of meat over the top.

Sometimes if the fish are in the area bites can come quite quickly however as a general rule, after 5 and before dark are the best times. This one was taken just after 6pm.

I reckon that the 5 hour session produced about a half a dozen carp but the number caught isn't really the point. It's the adrenaline rush that comes when a carp takes the meat and the rod bends round or even sometimes heads for the pond that does the trick.

Tight Lnes

No comments:

Post a Comment