Monday 19 October 2009

7th August Boulthurst Farm, Limpsfield, Surrey

Time for another session fishing for carp on the pond using standard carp tactics.

A change of swim this time. The favoured one on the far left of the pond was free, which for a Sunday afternoon was a bit of a surprise. See photo below:


The first rod I set up with Monster Crab boillies and cast about 20 yards to a spot about 6 feet parallel to the fallen tree. The second rod I set up with Tutti Fruitti boillies and cast about 10 yards to a spot under the tree.

Having learnt from my mistake on the previous carp outing I'd gone and invested in 10mm boillies! Which one would be the most successful?

I didn't have to wait too long for the first run. The buzzer went off and a small carp of around 3 pound was in the net. It fell to the Monster Crab boillie.

I think that at the end of the session I'd bagged about 5 good sized carp. These were the best of the bunch:


Both swims produced some carp and because I was using 10mm boillies a few roach as well!

A lot of angling is about learning your lessons. One run took me through the line of the other rod and caused a great big tangle (birds nest) that had to be dealt with after I landed the fish. How could I solve the problem? I'm not sure as the bank is about 2 foot above the water level so there this a fair amount of line out of the water for the fish to run across. I was fishing the 2 rods at 90 degree angles so had a good starting point. I suppose I'll have to visit the forum for some help.

And so on to the next session.












































No comments:

Post a Comment