Tuesday 5 January 2010

27th September - Boulthurst Farm - Limpsfield, Surrey

Another Sunday, another afternoon/evening carping trip to Boulthurst Farm.


I was set up and fishing by 13:43 in my favourite swim at the right hand end of the pond which can be seen from the photo below: (sorry about the quality).


The rod on the right of the picture was set up to fish the over-hanging tree in the margins. The depth was about 2 foot. Casting distance was no more than 10 yards.


The rod on the left of the picture was set up to fish the open water about 15 yards from the bank.

Twenty minutes into the session and this common cap was on the bank:


Both swims then went quiet for a while. At 15:57 this excellent condition common took the bait and found its way onto the bank:

Another quiet spell followed and then at 17:41 I caught my best carp of the season! As luck would have it there was somebody else fishing the pond that day and so I was able to get a 'real' photo!

I can't remember exactly what it weighed but I think it was around the 8lb mark.

Anyway that was it for the session.










No comments:

Post a Comment