Tuesday 6 April 2010

March 15th - Mill Lake, Stubpond nr Fellbridge, Surrey

This was my first visit to this complex of 2010 and I was eager to see how it fished compared to the previous Friday's trip to the club pond at Oxted.

The weather was warmer today however I still had on 3 layers of clothing - no coat required though. There was no rain and that's how it stayed for the day.

Having arrived at the moment the fishery opened I had first choice of swims. My favourite, on Mill Lake is swim 2 and so I made my way to that one. See picture below:



I made up a small amount of groundbait and threw it in about a rod length's out. I also fed some hemp and maggots.

Straight away the float went under and in came the first roach.

I fed moderately all day with a few maggots or a few grains of hemp all day and at times it was literally a fish a cast.

I did experiment with bread and corn but no joy so it was maggots all day long!

Just after 12 I landed this nice perch:


Around lunchtime I decided to follow the pattern from my previous session and feed another swim with small 10mm seafood boillies to see if there were any carp about. I hadn't seen any on the surface.

Although there had been no signs of any carp movement the tip went round at 14:20 in came this beauty:


At 15:00, an hour or so before closing the tip went round again and this second and final carp was landed.


When I had finished I had caught 60 fish which included

2 Bream
10 Gudgeon
6 Perch
2 Carp
10 Rudd
30 Roach

There were two other people on the lake all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment