Monday 12 April 2010

March 19th - Mill Lake, Stubpond, Nr Felbridge Surrey

After the relatively good weather I had on my last visit to the fishery I was expecting similar today but no, I had to contend with persistent wind and rain most of the day.

I was first to arrive again so it was off to swim 2 on Mill Lake.



I decided to follow the feeding pattern that I was successful with on the previous Monday. As can be seen from the bait tray above - it was maggots and hemp only.



Straight away the roach and rudd went mad and again it was a fish a chuck. After the first hour I decided that I had to try something different if I was to get to the bigger fish.

I made the switch to bread but still nothing other than the occasional roach seemed interested until I caught my one and only crucian of the day.

Then at 11:38 this nice carp took a fancy to a bit of bread flake.


The weather was excellent until around 10am when the wind increased such that it made seeing the bites very difficult. At 15:00 I decided to switch to a small bomb fishing small 10mm boillies on a hair rig to the far bank using my feeder rod. These carp were the result:


                                     


                                    





By the end of the day I had caught 26 fish which included:

5 Carp (3 4's 1 3 and a 1 pound)
1 Crucian
20 assorted Roach and Rudd.

I lost 3 carp during the session - one of them appearred to be pretty decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment