Tuesday 16 August 2011

2011 21 July 3rd Private Pond, Hurst Green, Surrey

I decided to have a Sunday afternoon/evening session on this pond as a change from the afternoon carping that I had been doing recently.

The weather for once was really good as I made my way to the fishery. My biggest fear was that there would be loads of people there and swims would be scarce. On arrival I could see only 4 other anglers! Result.

I fished peg 1 on my previous visit so I made up my mind that if possible I would go on peg 11. Unfortunately that swim was one of the few occupied so I had to settle for my favourite, peg 8!

As can be seen from the photo below I was armed with a variety of baits - all of which had been successful at this venue before. I groundbaited the swim with a genourous helping of brown crumb with pieces of corn and meat in as well as about 0.5 pint of hemp.

Previous experience of this swim tells me that I usually have to wait maybe 30 minutes or so before the fish come around and so it proved today. When it did arrive it was a carp of about 0.5lb.


After the first hour the two guys opposite and to the left of me departed leaving me the whole of the top half of the pond. Unbelieveable for a Sunday afternoon in my opinion.

Once the fish started to feed there was no stopping them. The corn (normal and flavoured) proved a very effective bait so much so that I didn't feel the need to switch.

By the time I packed up around 8pm I had amassed 34 fish which broken down by species were 1 crucian, 1 tench, 8 roach and 24 small (a pound and under) carp.

A good session by my standards the only minor disappointment was that I couldn't get one of the larger carp to make an appearance. Still when all said and done it's the perfect way to spend a summers afternoon and evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment