Monday 17 October 2011

2011 29 August 12th Nursery Fields, Edenbridge, Kent

7I had planned another afternoon/evening session at Nursery Fields as I was having some good results from them. Today was another such occasion however this time I decided to try another swim.

When I arrived the car park was almost full again. Undeterred I put my rod holdall over my shoulder and headed around the lake starting from peg 1 looking for a good swim.

The one I chose in the end was at of the back stretch (peg 13). It has a bed of lillies to the left and open water in front and to the right.

My main problem setting up was that being right handed and with concrete all around I couldn't have the rod where I wanted it. Perhaps the club could move the lillies to the other side of the swim? See photo below.


I adopted the same tactics as I had the previous times I'd fished this swim. One float line to the lillies and a feeder line to the island.

I mixed up the usual groundbait, brown crumb plus some corn and meat and then when it was ready threw in three good balls to the outside of the lillies.

My first cast went in just before 16:00. I didn't hae long to wait before this 4.5 common took a liking to the corn on the hook.


The next part of the session went much the same as normal. The float line producing 3 barbel and 4 small tench and a skimmer bream and the feeder rod proding a couple of fish, a tench and a skimmer bream.

The next bream I caught was a nice 2lb'er. As you can see from the photo below - it looks to me like a proper bream.


Not to be overshadowed by the bream next up on the float line was a common carp of 8lb. This little devil put up quite a struggle become it finally succumbed to my charms!

So another enjoyable session comes to an end. I'm getting to like this lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment