Saturday 29 October 2011

2011 30 August 19th Nursery Fields, Edenbridge, Kent

Today I aimed to try some scopex feed pellets for the first time at the club's Nursery Fields fishery.

These were bought for me by the dog on Father's day but not being a pellet man I hadn't as yet used them.

I arrived at the fishery between half six and seven. There were a few cars in the car park but not enough to give me reason for concern.

I deployed my usual tactics for this lake, one float rod to fish the lily pads and one feeder rod to fish the island.

I've never used feeder pellets before so today was really a case of experimentation.

First thing I did was ensure that they sank ok straight from the bag. I threw a few into the water in front of me and although some reacted faster than others they all eventually sank to the bottom.

Satisfied with the pellets my next task was to mix some groundbait. Normally I use brown crumb with a red attractor plus some grains of corn and meat. Today instead of the corn and meat I used the feeder pellets.

I fed a few good handfulls and then at 7:36 I made my first cast.

As I was using scopex flaoured pellets my hook bait today was scopex flavoured corn which was coloured blue.

This lake never seems to start very quickly and so it proved today when after the first hour I'd only landed a couple of skimmers.

For the next hour I switched hook bait to Strawberry corn and was rewarded with a 2.5lb carp.

The next hour I switched to nomal corn but this only produced a solitary small tench.

The two hours leading up to lunchtime wern't that much more productive, 1 small tench and a couple of small roach.

At 12:40 I decided to completely change my line of attack. I went on the meat big time. I was rewarded about 15:00 with yet another solitary small tench. Something wasn't quite right today.

It was the same story for the remaining 2 hours or so of the session. Two tench both small and a solitary crucian.

The feeder rod didn't fare much better during the session either. I took one tench and one bream.

I packed up around 6pm as I was a bit knackered. On the results front it was a bit of a disappointing session however a days fishing away from work can never be seen as a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment