Saturday 30 June 2012

2012 15 June 23rd Broxham Pond, Edenbridge

I decided today to yet again tackle my nemesis which is the club's Broxham Pond in Edenbridge.

Currently my record stands at 2 visits, 3 bites and 1 fish, albeit an eight pound common.

The aforementioned carp was taken on a 10mm strawberry boillie in the channel between the headland and the far bank.

My plan today was to fish from 15:00 to around 20:00 using just my carp gear.

The sun was shining as I set off at around 2pm for the pond. If there were other anglers present I planned to go to either Chittenden or Nursery Fields.

I didn't have to put this plan into action as the car park was empty and there were no cars parked up at the pond. I let myself in and then made my way up the field to the pond.

Having unloaded the car and made my way to the swim I set up both rods. Both of them used 6lb main line to a size 14 hook with a 5lb hook length. On the rod which I was going to fish the channel I put on 10mm Monster Crab boilie and on the one in open water I put on a 15mm Pineapple Frenzy one. Next I threw in some free offerings before setting up my chair and landing net etc. I made my first cast around 15:30.



The first hour passed without incident. I reeled in both rods to check the bait and then re-cast. The wind began to get stronger as evident by the waves that began to appear. The buzzer on the rod in the channel kept blipping but I put this down to the wind.

Around 5:30 another EBAS member turned up for a look and a chat. He told me of the days when this pond was full of fish! I must say his visit did break up the monotony.

Time passed. The afternoon turned into the evening. The buzzers remained silent. I could see no movement on the surface depicting fish activity. I feared the worse.



As the evening wore on my supplies of sweets and tea began to dwindle. The wind was now strong enough for me to begin to get cold. Yes this is still June.

Finally I had to admit that it wasn't going to happen today. They (if they do exist) had beaten me again.




I packed up, loaded the car and drove home arriving just in time to see France surrender to Spain.

Wildlife Update:

As I made my way across the field I counted 5 rabbits as I came in and a dozen on my out! How many actually live there is anyone's guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment