Saturday 6 September 2014

2014 23 August 15th Chittenden, Edenbridge

I chose the club's carp lake at Chittenden for today's session.

I arrived at the fishery just after 6 am. There was no one in the car park. I loaded the trolley and set off down the lake towards my favorite swim.



My day didn't start very well as I discovered that after setting up the rod that the line at the top of the reel was very dodgy. It was falling off the spool and breaking way below the specified breaking strain. Somewhat cheesed off I removed all the damaged line and set up again. I was finally ready to make my first cast at 7:17.

For a change I decided to start with bread on the hook rather than my favored corn. In the first hour the float only disappeared once. The culprit was, as expected, one of lakes bream.

By 11:30, I'd tried corn but to no avail. I'd also tried some meat. This did bring me some success, albeit just the two bream. I did miss two carp, both spat the hook. This just wasn't my day!

I changed to pellets on the hook with little success. By 12:30 I'd only added another bream to the virtual net! Not very good.

I rang the changes again, this time back to meat. By 15:13 I'd added another four bream to the day's total.

By the time I packed up at 18:00 I'd caught a further three bream and a carp! Unfortunately it only came in at 5 oz! Probably the smallest one in the lake. Still it proves they are breeding doesn't it?

So at the end of the day I'd caught 16 fish, 15 bream and a solitary carp. Never mind, my next session on this lake is scheduled for early autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment