Saturday 10 October 2015

2015 20 July 31st Nursery Fields, Edenbridge

After a very wet trip to Chittenden the previous week it was good to see that the sun was shining as I got up at 5 am to get ready to head off to the club's mixed fishery at Nursery Fields.

The car park was empty when I arrived which was an indication that the lake was still not fishing well. The majority of members clearly staying away.

I loaded up the trolley and headed off to the far side of the island where to be honest most of the swims are isolated from the ones on either side. I like it that way.

Two rods in action again today. The waggler fishing close to the lily pads and a feeder rod about 10 yards away by some reeds, As usual this was using maize as the hook bait.


I was set up and ready to make my first casts by 7:30 am. The sun was shining and I was feeling confident of  having some good sport today.

The Feeder swim:



I had to wait until 11:09 for my first bite. It came on meat and the culprit was a small roach. Oh dear.


Over two hours later I got my second bite, again it was on meat and again it was just a small roach.

Half an hour later I caught my first non roach of the day, it was on corn and it was a rudd!

Six minutes later and again on corn I was into another rudd. Boy, could this day get any better.

At 14:50 normal service for the day was resumed. Again another roach and again it was taken on meat.

Between 15:45 and 17:00 I went back on the corn. The action on the waggler was just as sparse, two small roach was my reward.

Also just before 17:00 the feeder tip went round for the first time and I found,  much to my surprise that I was into a carp! I did get it in. I estimated the weight at around 7 lb. I had to estimate the weight as the rain last week had killed my electronic scales.



As the session came to a close I decided to have a go with meat down the edge. To my surprise the float disappeared straight away and off went the fish. After a few minutes I landed a carp of 10.25 lb. My first ever double from NF.


So all the action in the last hour! Fishing, that's why we love it.

Nine fish caught in the day. I'll be back as things can only get better, can't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment