Sunday 14 August 2016

2016 13 May 27th Swallow Lake, Gabriel's Farm, Edenbridge

Today was going to be my second visit of the season to this pond on the Gabriel's Farm complex just on the outskirts of Edenbridge in Kent.

I was out of the house and on the road in good time to ensure that I arrived at the fishery dead on opening time at 7 am.

I was all set up and ready to make my first cast at 7:50. The swim had been fed with a generous helping of groundbait and miscellaneous loose feed.



I started off on pellets as this was quite successful last time. After an hour I'd bagged four of the pond's small carp.

Another seven followed in the next hour making my total for the day eleven. A promising start to the session.

Seven more in the next hour and the total was now 18! Could I be on for one of those red letter sessions? Time would be the judge of that.

It was was now a few minutes before noon and the virtual net stood at 24. The pellets and method of loose feeding seemed to be keeping the fish interested.

Alas the next hour only yielded another two. It was a time for a change of tactics as perhaps the fish had wised up to the pellets.

The fish came back slightly after I changed to corn. Four of them to be exact. My total at 14:00 was thirty for the day. Not bad but less than I'd hoped for.

By 15:00 the corn had produced another four. Consistent if nothing else!

By the time I packed up at 16:30 I 'd swopped to meat and added a further nine carp to the net. This made my total for the day 43. Not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment