Sunday 21 August 2016

2016 14 June 5th Nursery Fields, Edenbridge

Today I intended to open the club's new season with a trip to the mixed fishery at Nursery Fields.

I was up and out of the house early enough to arrive at the fishery around 7:15.

Having unloaded the car and loaded the trolley I departed the car park and began to make my way round to the far side of the lake. The weather, for a change, was very sunny and warm. Confidence was high.

This was the waggler swim.


This was the feeder swim.


I had set up both rods and fed each swim by 8:15 which was when I made my first casts.

There was no immediate action. I had to wait until 10 am before the feeder rod went off and I was into, I was sure, one of the lake's carp. Alas today was not going to be my day as I eventually lost it in the nearby reeds.

My first fish actually was a roach caught at 13:30 on a small piece of meat. What a slow day. Not what I was expecting that is for sure.

I only had to wait another hour before the buzzer on the feeder rod went off, This time I managed to land the beast. When I weighed it I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was a double, 10 lb 10 oz!


Twenty minutes later and I'd bagged a crucian on a piece of corn. I was on a roll!


An hour later and the corn had succeeded again, the victim this time was a nice bream.


At 16:23 the feeder rod's alarm went off again, unfortunately for me the carp, like it's brother earlier in the day, also got the better of me. I was choked.

At 16:00 hours I decided to fish close in with a piece of meat as bait and was rewarded 45 minutes later with a small barbel.


Unfortunately that was it for the day, five fish. Not the session I was hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment