Sunday 20 August 2017

2017 12 June 2nd, Nursery Fields, Edenbridge

Today it was back to the club's mixed fishery at Nursery Fields near Edenbridge in Kent.

Another early start saw me arrive at the fishery around 6:15. There was no one in the car park so I could afford to take a leisurely stroll around the lake whilst I made my swim selection.

After a bit of a think I chose peg 15 which is about midway on the back stretch of the lake.


As you can see from the photo above I intended to spend the day fishing down the margin.

As my primary target was the non carp species I decided to set up the float rod first and then if the fishing was slow I would use the feeder rod as well.

I started at 7:15 with corn as the hook bait and was rewarded with a roach and tench in the first hour. At least the fish were feeding today.



Two hours later, and back on the corn after a fruitless change to meat, I'd added another 4 fish to the virtual net, 1 roach, 2 crucians and a bream. The total for the day was now six.

I tried meat again for the next hour and was rewarded with a tench and another crucian.



I was back on the corn for the lunchtime session and managed to get another of the lake's crucian carp, not massive but nice looking.

At 13:15 the feeder rod, which I'd set up about 10 o'clock, sprang into life and produced a nice tench.
I had also decided at that point in the session to switch to pellets.


By 14:30 the pellets had attracted one roach and a tench. The feeder rod had also chipped in with a tench.

The next hour was very slow, only one roach made the net.

My last fish of the day turned up at 17:20 and was predictably a tench with a liking for meat.

So that was it for the day, 15 fish split between four species. Not really a sensational day.

No comments:

Post a Comment