Saturday 29 July 2017

2017 11 May 26th Chittenden, Edenbridge, Kent

Today was going to be another all day session at the club's carp lake at Chittenden.

Early start today as I wanted to be on the road before the traffic built up. Due to this reason I was at the fishery about 6:30.

I unloaded the car and made my way down the lake to my favourite swim. As seems to be the case this year my swim of choice was free.


I decided today to set up the feeder rod first. That way if there were any early morning feeders about I thought it was with this approach that I would be most successful.

I then set up my waggler rod and was ready to make my first cast on it by 7:28. For the initial period of the session I decided to use meat as the hook bait.

Within minutes the float shot away and I was into a good fish. Sadly, it wasn't to be because after a few minutes of fighting the carp came out on top and escaped. My theory of an early feeder was correct I just got the rod wrong!

It wasn't a complete disaster though, when the first hour came to a close I'd caught a couple of the lake's good bream.


For the next hour I switched hook bait from meat to corn and was rewarded with three fish, 2 more bream and a rudd. I don't catch these on this lake very often.

Back on the meat I managed to bag a bream of about 2 lb. So by 11 am I'd five fish, none of them carp.

Just after lunch at 13:17 the feeder rod decided to join in the party, The result was a nice carp which I estimated to be about 7 lb. The waggler chipped in with another bream.


At 15:00 I had to stop using the waggler rod as the sun reflecting off the water made bite detection very difficult so I reeled in the feeder rod, changed the bait to meat and flicked it out to where I'd been fishing the float.

The swim then went through another quiet period until 15:17 when it suddenly switched on. First up was a carp of 11 lb 11 oz, another double for the season.


The following one arrived at 15:50 and was another carp, this one was smaller coming in at around 4 lb.


I had to wait another hour before the next one arrived. It was worth the wait though, 10 lb 5 oz another double double!! What a season I was having.


At 16:47 I caught my last fish of the session, it wasn't a carp but another bream of about 2lb.

So that was it for the session, only 8 fish but two of them doubles, so can't really complain about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment