Monday 26 March 2018

2018 4 March 22nd, Nursery Fields, Edenbridge

Today was my second visit of the season to the club's mixed fishery at Nursery Fields near Edenbridge in Kent.

It had warmed up somewhat in the last couple of days after the latest (and hopefully last) cold snap of the winter so I was hopeful of a good day.

It was about 8:20 when I arrived at the fishery. The car park was packed, well seven cars and that counts as packed by my standards. As I was heading off to the far bank today so I wasn't too bothered about not getting a swim.

I unloaded the car and made my way to peg 13 on the back stretch.

Two rod attack, a leger placed on the far side of the lily pads and a waggler rod fished between half and three-quarters of the way across to the island.

Waggler swim - a dark and dreary day.


Feeder swim:


I fed the swim with maggots every few minutes while I was setting up which I thought would give the fish confidence to feed before I actually cast in.

It was 9:40 when I made my first casts. Now it was time to sit back and wait for the action to start.

It was only a few minutes before the float disappeared and I was into my first fish. It turned out to be one of the lake's skimmer bream. This was quickly followed by two nice sized Ide. This made my total for the first hour, three.

The next hour was a real bumper one for me, 1 bream, 2 roach and 2 more of the Ide. My total for the day was now 8.

Much the same for the next hour except that it was totally dominated by roach, four of them to be exact.

The next hour brought me a shoal of roach and rudd. Fifteen of them consisting of 10 roach and 5 rudd some of which were caught on corn. My total for the day had now risen to 27.

Just as quickly as they arrived they disappeared as evidenced by the fact that I only caught one roach in the next hour and three more Ide.

One of the Ide:



By 17:50 when I decided to pack up for the day, another seven fish had made the net, all of them Ide.
My total for the day and one that I was pleased with was 38.

The feeder rod, with the exception of a few line bites, never moved an inch all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment