Thursday 10 May 2018

2018 8 April 12th Chittenden, Edenbridge, Kent

Today was going to be another one of my visit's to the club's carp lake at Chittenden near Edenbridge in Kent.

I arrived at the fishery about 7:45 to find the car park empty. As is the norm I loaded up the trolley and headed down the lake to my favourite swim.



As it was still spring, some would say still winter, my attack on the float line would be predominately maggots today. It would be small 10mm boillies on the feeder rod as usual.

As I was setting up I generously fed both swims with maggots, hemp and boillies and pellets respectively.

I was ready to make my casts at 8:45.

The lake's bream were quick to latch onto the maggots with five of them making the virtual net by 9:45.

For the next hour I decided to have a dabble on the corn. This was a complete failure as by 11:10 I'd caught precisely nothing.

In the last hour of the morning session the fish suddenly went mad for the cord. Seven bream and a carp of around 3lb made the virtual net.



Another hour passed with no action on either rod. The feeder hadn't moved all morning which was unusual.

By the time the clock had ticked over to 14:30, the float line had gone mad. I caught another bream, lost and caught two carp. The first was 8lb 12 and second a tad bigger at 8lb 15.




By the time I packed up at 17:45 my total for the day was 21 as I managed to add a further 7 fish to the net. Some were carp however they were not as big as the ones above.



No comments:

Post a Comment