Monday 7 May 2018

2018 7 April 9th, Nursery Fields, Edenbridge

Today I decided to pay another visit to the club's mixed fishery at Nursery Fields near Edenbridge in Kent.

As I parked the car in the empty car park I made up my mind to give peg 13 another bash as I'd been fairly successful last time there.

I loaded up the trolley and headed off up the lake, around the top and down to peg 13. A fair old trek.




It was the usual two rod attack today, one float rod and a feeder rod. The float line would be straight ahead of me about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way across. The feeder line would be just passed the lily pads on my left.

As I was setting up I fed the float line swim with maggots and hemp, hoping that the fish would gain some confidence before I started fishing.

I did the same with the feeder line except that it was pellets and small boillies that I fed.

I was set up and ready to make my first casts at 9:10. I then settled back into my chair to wait hopefully for the action to begin.



And begin it did. The float line on double maggot delivered 16 roach and rudd and the feeder rod gave up one of the lake's hard fighting tench. Great start.

I stayed on double maggot for the next hour and the result was 3 crucian carp, 1 ide and seven more roach and rudd. Twenty eight fish already, can't be bad.



As I'd been feeding corn on top of the maggots all morning I decided the time was right to switch to corn on the corn. As expected the fishing slowed however I stilled managed 1 crucian carp and four more roach and rudd.



It was the next hour that the corn really kicked in, 2 Gudgeon (!), 1 Bream and 12 more roach and rudd. The feeder rod chipped in with a crucian carp. The time was 13:45 and the total form the day stood at 49.




The next hour was a bit slower for the float line. It only produced four fish, 4 roach and rudd. The feeder chipped in though with a bream and a barbel.

By 16:01 the float line had gone mad for the corn and produced, 2 Bream, Ide and 5 Crucian Carp.

The end of my day came at 18:30. The feeder's last contribution was a Bream and a Tench. The float rod's was a Bream, an Ide, a Rudd and some more Crucian Carp. My total for the day was 72 very satisfactory.




No comments:

Post a Comment