Saturday 27 February 2010

18th October - Boulthurst Farm Limpsfield Surrey

After the previous Friday's success I was keen to return to Boulthust for another session at the earliest opportunity. It was nice and warm but a tad windy.

Today, someone was in the "beach" swim so I switched to my favourite one at the far right hand side. See photo:.

As usual I set up 2 rods, one fished in the margins to my left and the other in clear water to my right.
I cast rod 1 out at 11:55 with a carp pellet boillie, rod 2 went out at 11:45 with a monster crab boillie.



I didn't have a bite on rod 1 for an hour so at 13:00 I changed baits to a pineapple boillie, there was no action on rod 2 either so I switched baits on that one to a tutti fruitti boillie.

The change to tutti fruitti worked because at 13:25 I landed a nice 7 pound common! (sorry about the quality)


The Pineapple boillie on rod 1 wasn't stirring up any interest so at 14:00 I switched to white chocolate boillie.

There was no further action on the tutti fruitti boilie on rod 2 so at 14:25 I switched to a shellfish one. At 15:00 on rod 2 I lost what seemed like a good one, it spat the hook.

On rod 1 I switched baits again at 15:30 to Monster Crab.

At 16:00 on rod 2 the buzzer went off and a 6 pound common with a taste for shellfish boillies was in the net!



The last fish signalled that start of something good because 15 minutes rod 1's buzzer went off and in came a 4.5 pound common.


Forty minutes later rod 1 also produced a 6 pound common followed 10 minutes by the last fish of the day, a 2.5 pound common.




I packed up at 17:15 as the light was going.





No comments:

Post a Comment