Wednesday 10 March 2010

25th October - Boulthurst Farm, Limpsfield, Surrey

Another Sunday, another session at Boulthurst Farm.

The weather was really good for the time of year (little did I know what was coming a few months later!).

I managed to bag the swim at the far right of the pond. There was someone else there I didn't recognise, at first I thought it was KENT TROTTER who I knew was intending to join the club but on reflection I don't think it was.



As noon arrived I cast rod 2 loaded with a crab flavoured boillie into the margins swim.

Twenty minutes later I landed thsi lovely 6 pound common.



I had set up rod 1 with a shellfish boillie and cast out by 12:40.

I also had no more runs on rod 2 so at 13:20 I switched boillies to a pineapple one.

I also had no more runs on rod 1 so at 13:40 I switched boillies to tutti fruitti ones.

At 14:05 the buzzer on rod 2 went off again and this time I landed a 4.5lb common.


There was still no interest shown on rod 1 so at 14:40 I switched baits again this time to a carp pellet boillie.

At 14:50 rod 2 sprang into action again but after a few minutes the carp decided to part company with the hook!

Carp pellet boillie on rod 1 wasn't woking either so at 15:40 I sent out a crab one to see if they fancied that.

At 16:20 I had my last run of the day which felt a really good fish however for the first time in a long while a fish made the snags and that as they say was that!

At 16:40 I made my final bait change of the day on rod 1, I thought I would give pineapple a go. No success.

As soon as I lost the light I packed up and made my way home.



No comments:

Post a Comment