Saturday 20 March 2010

October 30th Boulthurst Farm, Limpsfield, Surrey

The day before Halloween saw me at Boulthurst for what turned out to be my final carp hunting session of the year.

Weather was good although you could tell we were well into the autumn.

I was set up and ready in the beach swim by 12:32 according to my camera although from my notes I actually cast in at 11:50!!



In addtion to the comments below I did feed white chocolate boillies evry 30 minutes or so as freebies to get their confidence up before actually using them.

Rod 1 was initially set up with a carp pellet boillie.

Rod 2 was set up with a pineapple boillie.

At 12:10 I lost one on rod 2 when the cap decided to spit the hook out, how inconsiderate!

There was no action at all on rod 1 so at 12:55 I decided to switch baits to a tutti fruitti boillie.

Five minutes later rod 2's buzzer went off and I thought this was the one however just as I got it to the net this carp decided to do what his brother did and he spat the hook as well. I was gutted - was it going to be one of those days?

Rod 1 was still not working so at 13:55 I switched baits again, this time to a Monster Crab boillie. At the same time I switched baits on rod 2 to a shellfish boillie.

The next hour produced nothing at all, was I heading for my first blank of the season? Rod 1's bait was changed to pineapple while rod 2's was changed to Tutti Fruitti.

At 15:30 rod 2's bite alarm went off and in came a 1.5lb common - not a blank day today then!


At 16:00 I decided that I'd fed enough white chocolate boillies so on rod 1 I put one on the hair and out it went. I did the same on rod 2 at 16:30.

Just after I cast rod 2 in, the buzzer on rod 1 went off but disaster - somehow the line was caught on the pod and it broke immediately. It must have been something decent.

Ten minutes later rod 2's buzzer went off and in came this 2 pound common. My last carp of 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment