Monday 3 May 2010

March 29th - Mill Lake, Stubpond - Felbridge, Surrey

To celebrate the extended opening hours (6pm - the clocks had just gone forward) at Stubpond - I made way down on the fishery on this the penultimate Monday of my annual leave.

As usual I was the only at the fishery - perhaps it's me?

The weather was ok in the morning but it did rain hard all afternoon.

I setup in my favourite swim (see below:)



In the morning bread was the bait of choice and in the afternoon it was the small 10mm shellfish boillies.

Bread accounted for this nice looking F1 around 9am:



Bread also was the bait of choice for this common which I caught just before noon:



25 minutes later the same tactics brought about the downfall of this mirror:



By 13:00 the bad weather had settled in for the day (see below):



I can't remember or didn't note down how many I actually caught in this session which is a shame however I do know that bread accounted for my personal best Ghost Carp which weighed a repectable 5.5lb's. I thought it was much bigger as it fought very hard.



It wasn't the best fish of the day though, that went to a 6lb common which took the boillie as it hit the water. I was actually in the process of putting the rod in it's rest!


So in the end not a bad day at all despite the weather! As usual I was the last to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment