Sunday 12 June 2016

2016 07 April 24th Nursery Fields, Edenbridge

This trip was going to be my last visit of the club's season to it's mixed fishery at Nursery Fields near Edenbridge in Kent.

It was raining pretty heavily as I loaded the car in readiness for the thirty minute trip to the venue. Yet again I cursed this year's terrible spring weather.

Due to the weather I suppose, I found no other cars in the car park when I arrived at the fishery. I unpacked the gear and made my way over to the back stretch where today's choice of swim was situated.



Two rod attaack again today. The feeder rod was going to fish the reed bed to my left and the waggler rod the swim by the lillies on the right. I was going to use the same tactics on the feeder rod that I had used the previous week at Chittenden. That is to say, heavily feed maize and fish a 15 ml tangerine dream boillie on the hair over the top.

The reed bed on the left is where I fished the feeder rod.



After the feeding of the swims and the setting up of the rods I was ready to make my first casts at 7:55. The rain was still coming down albeit a bit lighter.

This is the view from my swim down the lake.


The first hour was quite productive, at least on the waggler rod. I had six fish consisting of roach, rudd and small bream. All were taken using single maggot.

This is the view from my swim up the lake. Yes, there was someone else there today!


The next hour brought another seven fish, all the same as the above except the bream were replaced by perch. These were all caught in the first 30 minutes as I unsuccessfully tried corn for the second 30 minutes of the hour.

The next sixty minutes almost mirrored the last. The rudd were absent however as I caught six roach and perch on single maggot and nothing on corn.

The last hour before lunch yielded four more roach, one of them somewhat unexpectedly came on a piece of corn.

The first hour after lunch returned to the normal pattern of the day, all on maggot, nothing on corn. This time I managed four fish, a couple of roach and  a couple of gudgeon.

Sixty minutes later and I'd bagged another three roach. I was getting the feeling that this was going to be the extent of my catch for the day. The feeder rod hadn't moved all day either.

The time was now 14:00, by 15:00 I'd only added another roach to my 'bulging' net. Things were slowing down somewhat.

For the next two hours the swim completely died except for one good bream with a liking for corn.


I packed up around 17:30. Despite a promising start I ended the day with 32 fish. They all came from the waggler, the feeder rod stayed motionless all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment