Saturday 25 June 2016

2016 9 May 4th Silver Lake, Gabriel's Farm, Edenbridge

With the club waters closed for May it was time for me to make my first visit to Gabriel's Farm Fishery on the outskirts of Edenbridge.

The weather for a change wasn't too bad as I arrived at the fishery dead on opening time (7 am). I then drove the mile or so from the gate to the car park which was as usual empty.

I unloaded the car and made my way round to peg 1 on Silver lake. This peg is my favourite because it allows me to fish up the lake and if reqyuired to either side.


I can only use one rod here so it was about 7.45 when I was ready to make my first cast.

Initially I started with a single maggot on the hook. The first hour brought me six fish, five roach and rudd and a bream taken on corn.

The next hour was even more productive than the first. I managed to capture seven fish consisting of roach, bream, gudgeon and perch. All were taken on a single maggot.

By 10:45 I'd added another six fish to the virtual net consisting this time of gudgeon, roach and bream. These still all came in on maggot. I was trying corn from time to time but with no success.

All day I had these for company.



I decided for the next hour to go exclusively on corn, I knew if I stayed on maggot that I would catch but they wouldn't have been of any size. Anyway the result was a small skimmer bream and a carp of about 2 lb. So the change was a success of sorts.



Only two fish in the next hour on the corn, a roach and a bream. The roach was four or five ounces so better than the ones I'd caught on maggot.

At 14:45 I changed tactics again, this time to meat. Between then and and when I packed up I managed to get another 2 lb carp. That made my total for the day 25. Not bad but not as good as I'd hoped.

I will be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment