Saturday 6 May 2017

2017 05 April 23rd, Nursery Fields, Edenbridge

After a couple of weeks away from fishing due to ill health I decided today that I would have my first afternoon and evening session of the year. I chose the club's mixed fishery at Nursery Fields for this venture.

I arrived at the fishery around 12:40 to find a fair few cars in the car park. As I looked at the lake I could see that the majority of anglers were either on the near band or close to the car park. To be contrary I headed to the swim diagrammatically opposite to everyone else, peg 15.


I decided to fish parallel to the bank along a reed bed in about 2.5 feet of water. I only intended to use one rod today. For bait I was going to start with corn and then if warranted switch to 6mm pellets. I fed the swim with corn, pellets (crab and halibut) plus a generous helping of hemp.

I was set up and ready to make my first cast around 13:40.

There was action straight away. Two of the newly stocked Ide and two Crucians made the virtual net in the first hour.


By 16:00 I'd added another two Ide, a Tench and a 2lb Bream. As the day was wearing on I noticed that the other anglers began leaving. One passed me saying the fishing had been poor all day!


Around 16:30 I changed bait from corn to pellet and was immediately rewarded with two Ide and a Tench.

Another Ide and another Tench also fell to crab pellet as the clock turned 18:00. I was now the only one left on the lake.

The last hour of the session brought me another Tench and my best fish of the day, a Carp which I estimated to be about 5lb.


That was it for the day, 15 fish, mostly Ide, but still a good haul when most were saying the fishing was poor.

For most of the session I had this fellow for company.


No comments:

Post a Comment