Saturday 22 July 2017

2017 10 May 19th, Hare Lake, Gabriels Farm, Edenbridge

Today I was going to pay a return visit to Gabriel's Farm, only this time I intended to fish Hare Lake.

I arrived at the fishery bang on opening time at 7 am. After paying my fee I made my way to the car park along the mile long dusty trail.

As I was only using one rod today it didn't take me too long to set up. In fact I was ready to make my first cast at 7:55.

The swim I chose today was one that had a set of lily pads about 3/4 of the way across the narrow lake which I could easily reach with a medium sized waggler.


I started with corn as the bait. The first hour things were very quiet. The lake is full of roach so I was a bit surprised that some hadn't immediately shown up. I did lose one carp in the lily pads though.

Here was my set up.


The next hour was a repeat of the first, corn on the hook, and no interest from anything other than another carp that I lost in the same bed of lily pads.

Things were really slow today. By 13:00 I'd managed to land a couple of roach on halibut pellet. I also lost another carp in the lily pads. I was getting a tad frustrated.

Here's one of them:


Here's another:


Things might have been slow but I did have company:


Another hour passed and I'd added another roach and my first carp of the day to the virtual net. I also lost another carp. What was going on?


Another hour slipped by and all I had to show for it was another lost carp. It was definitely one of those days.

The last three hours of the session saw things change every so slightly, I managed another roach and three small carp!!! That made my total for the day, eight.


A disappointing day but then again you have to have them to appreciate the good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment