Friday 23 September 2011

2011 25 July 24th Nursery Fields, Edenbridge, Kent

Another Sunday, another afternoon/evening session at Nursery Fields.

I arrived at the fishery around 3pm with a plan. This time if possible I was going to fish one of the swims at the top of the lake.

Fortune was on my side once again as there was only one angler at the top of the lake and after a quick exchange I established that he was fishing the margins and therefore I had the end of the island to myself. See photo below:
I set up both carp rods with a small bomb and a size 14 hook with a hair to 6lb main line. One rod had  a 10ml tuttti fruitti boillie on it and the other a similar sized halibut boillie. Prior to casting I had fed the swim with a few free offerings.

My first cast hit the water at 16:11! I then settled back in my chair, opened my Kindle and started on Dean Koontz's Frankenstein 4.

I'd hardly got to the bottom of the page when the buzzer went off on the tutti fruitti rod and after a brief struggle in came a 5lb common.

That carp must have been an early feeder because I had to wait until 18:46 before the buzzer went off again. Once more it was the tutti fruitti one that went off. This carp was not as big as the previous one coming in around the 4lb mark.

Forty five minutes of Frankenstien later and the buzzer on the tutti fruitti rod went off again and the biggest carp so far - a mighty 6lb mirror was in the net.

Less than 20 minutes later and the halibut rod's buzzer sounded. A nice scrap followed but this time it was with one of lake's barbel - a 0.5lb specimen.

Just 15 minutes later and I was into my best fish of the day. A 7lb common, the first carp of the session on halibut pellet.

The session ended 15 minutes later at 20:30 when I caught a 4lb'er again on halibut.

In summary a successful session in an unknown swim by my standards so I think I can be pleased with myself.

Oh and I can recommend the Frankenstein book!

No comments:

Post a Comment