Wednesday 28 September 2011

2011 27 July 31st Nursery Field, Edenbridge, Kent

Another Sunday another afternoon/eveing session at Nursery Fields.

The weather was really good again so on the car park was almost full. As luck would have it the swim at the top of the lake was free again so I was happy enough.

I intended to employ exactly the same tactics as I did  on my last visit. Again two rods were set up - one, to my left with tutti fruitti boilies and the other to my right on halibut ones.

I made my first cast at 16:45 and settled back to have bit more of Dean Koontz's Frankenstein 4.

It was a good job that the book was good as I had to wait 90 minutes for the buzzer to go off. This time the halibut rod was the first off the mark. The result was a nice little barbel.

I had to wait another full hour before the second bite arrived - again it was on the halibut rod. This time it was one of the lake's small tench. Still they all count.

Thirty minutes later and the tutti fruitti rod decided to get into the action - the result - a similar tench to the previous one.

By now it was 8pm, the sun was still shining so the carp decided to have a munch. First up was one of 4.5lb with a liking for halibut.

This was followed 45 minutes later by another slightly bigger specimen of 5lb also with a taste for halibut.

So that was it for another session. I can't complain the weather was good and so was the fishing. Can't ask for anything more really can you?



No comments:

Post a Comment