Saturday 24 September 2011

2011 26 July 29th Nursery Field, Edenbridge, Kent

Today was the day I planned to return to peg 13 at Nursery Fields to see if I could fare any better than I did on my previous visit.

It was another afternoon/evening session. I'd learnt from previous visits that the better carp tend to come out to feed around 5pm, so an afternoon/evening session seemed to be the perfect idea.

I arrived at the fishery around 1pm to find a large number of cars in the car park. I suppose with the summer we were having people were getting out at every oppertunity. Relatively speaking it's a bit of a trek to peg 13 so I was fairly confident that the swim would be free. My assumption proved correct as I dumped my gear down in the swim and proceeded to set up.

I set one rod up with float tackle aiming to fish the lillies to my left (See photos below). The other was the feeder rod which I set up to fish the far bank.


The float line I groundbaited as usual with the addition of a relatively large number of free offerings of corn.  In the feeder I put some small halibut boillies with my groundbait mix.

I made my first cast at 13:54. At the end of the first hour the float line had produced 3 bream, a roach and a tench. One of the bream was nearly a proper one (see photo below). The feeder rod produced 1 small tench.

For the second hour I alternated between meat and castor as the hookbait. The meat was responible for a small common and the castor for a roach and a gudgeon.

The next hour was my slowest of the session, the float line producing a solitary tench. However the feeder rod did spring into action with a 3.75lb common.

Another 2 hours on the clock and another mixed bag followed. On the float line I had 1 bream, 4 tench and a roach. On the feeder I had a tench of about a 1lb.

The last hour was as nearly always the best, 2 bream (one around the 2lb mark) and the only barbel and crucian of the session. I also had a 3.75 mirror on the float line.

Not to be outdone the feeder rod produced a 4lb'er and another skimmer.



So another good session. I'm beginning to get the hang of this fishery (or so it would seem!)





No comments:

Post a Comment